Thursday, May 30, 2013

Carrot & Pumpkin Protein Bars

I just wanted to post this recipe real quick. I whipped these together earlier because I'm always looking for good protein bar recipes. This one is pretty good, with or without the frosting. They're quick and easy to make, and good for getting some protein and veggies in while you're on the go. I kept mine pretty simple, but adding nuts or some dried fruit would be really good. I'm also thinking about doing a more savory version with curry...yum.


Carrot & Pumkin Protein Bars

Ingredients
  •  1/2 Cup Oats
  • 1/2 Cup Wheat Bran
  • 2 scoops whey protein powder
  • 3 Tbsp Truvia
  • 2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
  • 1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seed
  • 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
  • 2-3 Grated Carrots (depending on how carroty you want them)
  • 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 Egg Slightly Scrambled
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla
  • Preheat oven to 325 and grease an 8x8 banking pan.
  • Mix all dry ingredients together in medium bowl
  • Mix all wet ingredients together in large bowl
  • Add the dry ingredients to the carrot mixture
  • Bake for about 25 minutes 
And while they're baking you can whip together the frosting. I used plain yogurt mixed with cream cheese because I only had about 2oz of cream cheese. My frosting is a little bit runny but after sitting in the fridge it worked out fine. If I had more cream cheese I definitely would have used it, but sometimes you just gotta work with what ya got!

Cream Cheese Frosting

  • 2oz Cream Cheese
  • 2 Tbsp Plain Yogurt
  • 3 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
Mix all ingredients together using a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate frosting for a bit, especially if you used yogurt. Spread over bars and voila! You're done!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment