Monday, May 27, 2013

Measurements, Pics, and Mom & Me Circuit

I've been working out with my mom for a couple of months now because she is wanting to get in better shape. She's been doing a great job! I just modify the moves I do to meet her fitness level. We have a lot of fun working out together and it's awesome to see the results. She's lost weight and toned up already. She's also more willing to try new exercises and I can tell by her endurance and form she's getting stronger and more in shape. Here's what we did today:

Mom & Me Circuit

  • Jog in place 30 sec
  • Jumping Jacks 30 sec
  • High Knees 30 sec
  •  Switch Kicks 30 sec
  •  Mountain Climbers 30 sec
  • Bicycle Crunches 30 sec

Repeat 2x

  •  Push Ups 30 sec
  • Squats 30 sec
  • Push Ups 30 sec
  • Jump Squats 30 sec

Repeat 2x

Then we did the first set of exercises in the following videos. Just click on the links and watch the first exercises she does up to her first rest period-hope that makes since! I love the daily hiit by the way. It's full of great workouts and if you go to their blog they've got a lot of tips and motivation. I'm sure my blog will be full of links to their website.
 
Hiit Combat #4-I did this with 5lb weights and my mom used 3lb. Same with the next exercise. We did each of these exercises for 1 min, rested for 10 sec and then did them again for 1 min. 

Hiit Combat #5-Alternate legs on this one

Remember to cool down and stretch after your workout. It's more important than most people think!
Also, I've done both of these videos all the way through and they're fun workouts just because they're so different. I've done them with 10lb weights and ankle weights on which you should try if you want a challenge. I also do a lot of the workouts more times through than the site recommends. For example, if they say 3x through I'll do 4 or 5x. They're just so short I figure I can push myself a little bit longer!

I also wanted to share my pics and measurements with you. This isn't where I started, but it's where I decided to start recording my progress. I also have my mom's measurements, which she is reluctantly letting me post. These were taken almost a month ago so they're not totally accurate-hopefully! My mom's goal right now is to lose weight, my goals are too lose body fat and tone up. They're not the best pics, but here they are...





 


















My measurements:
  • Chest=33 1/8 in
  • Waist=30 in
  • Hips=36 in 

Mom's measurements:

  • Chest=43 1/2 in
  • Waist=45 in
  • Hips=48 in
  • Arms=15 in 
We'll keep you updated! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment